Music! Interviews! The Joy of Giving!
Christmas at Living Ministries means time for Unifying the Community while Doing the Most Good…or in other words…Christmas Angel Telethon 2012 Fundraiser for The Salvation Army Christmas Angel Community Center!
We had such a great time at Christmas Angel Telethon! Our team rallied and took care off all aspects of this production, whether it was sound, video, food, technical issues, serving, ministering and praying for callers and people at the event. I was so blessed to watch my team loving people!
I would like to thank Tom Stebbins and Dale Chamberlain for handling sound, John Hanna for helping me with streaming, Linda Haarstad and Jamie Holloway for managing all the acts and ministering to people, Ted Grammount for being a greeter, Debra Lawson-Bean for cooking amazing treats and making sure we had refreshments for performers and workers. Most of all I would like thank my best friend and Vice President of Living Ministries, and Business Partner Karen Gidderon for not only hosting the show, but juggling camera work and ministering to people….after she and I had spent endless sleepless nights planning, marketing, and making this idea become a reality. You are amazing my friend!
I would also like to thank Norma Davey of KLOG/The Wave/KUKN and Lonnie Knowles of Stewart Title for volunteering to be co-hosts. You really helped add some variety and allowed Karen to do other background parts of this production that would not have got done otherwise.
Our sponsors are amazing and much of this couldn’t have been done without them. 2nd year sponsors include: Amanda Wilson Portraiture, Cascade Networks, Copies Today SpeedyLitho, Exclaim Media, LLC, KLTV, The Longview Eagles, Knotty Wares, Music & More Productions/Tent City Rentals & Valley Bugler Community Newspaper. We were excited to be joined this year by Carl’s Towing, Columbia River Reader, Lower Columbia CAP & Pets, Pawns, and Imports! We had wonderful raffles and volunteers that all showed up at the last minute and our hosts were enthusiastic and interesting!
The Longview Eagles have allowed us use of their building, resources and volunteers for 2 years now and they are amazing! A true blessing to us and this cause!
We enjoyed performances by Carl Wirkkala, Shane Simonsen, Farrell Harris & Connie Wallace*, Jean Bruner, Doubleday Vine*, 50/50 Line Dancers, MP-6*, Tapestry NW*, Jeremy Jones*, Mahalabeya Gamal*, Mending Hope, Mark Olmstead & Lon Jones, Tim Miller, Karsilama*, Julian, John Hanna*, Paul Mauer, Randy Parr*, Ammouniha Darnco, & Chrissy Shelton. Special thanks to Karsilama and Julian for coming back for a second act! (Performers marked with * also performed at Christmas Angel Telethon 2011)
We were graced with dynamic people who entertained us with interviews about how they impact our community from:
- Bo Parr, 12-year-old owner of Bodacious Auto Detail
- Brenda Courser of Take Shape for Life
- Captain David Davis of The Salvation Army Longview/Kelso Temple Corps
- Christine Jurmu Wellness Advocate with Essential Oils
- Dale Chamberlain of Love Overwhelming
- Debra Lawson-Bean of Angel Wings Rescue
- Frank Kenny; author & public speaker
- Hal Palmer, Past Chair of The Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Lynn Brown of Hearts for Homeless
- Kyle Mackey of ILWU Local 21
- Jamie Holloway of Living Ministries and author at JamieChasesButterflies.com
- Ken Botero of Longview City Council
- Melissa Taylor of Council of Governments
- Pam Fierst and family as The Grinch, Max & Cindy Lou Who and friend
- Pat Palmer of Copies Today Speedy Litho
- Christine Randall and Dot of Rely Local
- Richard Woods, The Salvation Army Advisory Board Chair
- Susan Dennis-Langham of The Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Tom Gates as Santa Claus
- Ted Grammount of Love Overwhelming
- Tom Stebbins of Music and More Productions/Tent City Rentals
One thing we had little of last year that we had an abundance of this year, were volunteers! And they were the best volunteers we could have asked for!
- Abby Schott
- Adam Haarstad
- Ammouniha Darnco
- Becky Birmon
- Christine Schott
- Christopher Schott
- Claude Gibson
- Robert Hanson
I would also like to give a great shout out to Joe and Angie Leppert who brought in 8 bikes and helmets for the Christmas Angel Community Center!
At the end of the telethon we had brought in over $4000! We are still receiving donations so I don’t have a final number. We also collected donations of food and coats and had a great time telling others about the good work The Salvation Army does making sure Christmas comes to families in Cowlitz County.
Christmas Angel Telethon 2013 is already in the works…so make sure to plan to be there December 13-14, 2013!
PS: Mark your calendars for January 5, 2012!
The Bag Party
Benefit Concert for Hearts for Homeless and Love Overwhelming
@ Stir It Up Cafe – 1335 11th Ave. Longview
More info coming soon!