Learning to Live and Love Again At the Same Time
The 2 deepest desires of most people:
- to love and be loved.
- to believe we are worthwhile and know someone else believes this too.
To protect ourselves many people have blocked off or shut off those needs.
I must learn to love and be loved, that I am worthy and I can look forward to and do great things.
Ways to get our needs met:
- don’t rescue people
- be direct
- pay attention to ourselves
- work a 12 step program
- become “undependent”
- seek and build healthy relationships
- don’t maintain painful relationships
- set goals and reach them
- know growth is uncomfortable but worth it
- have fun
- balance emotional, physical and spiritual needs
- let go of grief
- balance giving and receiving
- balance between letting go and doing our part
- balance problem solving and living with unsolved problems
- let go of unrealistic expectations (most of them)
- remember we are important, valuable and deserve a decent life
I am responsible for my choices and behaviors in initiating, maintaining, and discontinuing relationships as appropriate.
To start change we must:
- get honest
- keep an open mind
- become willing to try new things
- light a fire under ourselves
- Its ok to backtrack a bit
- Face tough decisions about relationships
- Be patient when rebuilding damaged relationships—Love and trust heal on their own time. Sometimes they can’t heal.
- Find new friends.
- Work on ourselves and learn what needs to be learned.
- Strive toward goals.
- Have fun.
- Trust God and His times—He knows our needs and wants.
- Love from strength not weaknesses.
- Look to God for guidance.
- When we fall, get up and start again.
Feel free to leave your comments below!
My name is Summer. That is how you can call me. I hope that I am a blessing to you. I am not perfect. I will fall again. But I am forgiven.
Do you know Jesus? Do want the Holy Spirit to fill you and give you understanding and salvation? Ask Him. Want someone to pray with you? Contact me.
If you would like to know Jesus as your friend, but want to make this amazing commitment by yourself please pray something like this:
Thank you Jesus that You are the Son of God, the God that created heaven and earth. Thank you Jesus that You came to earth in the form of a man so that You would be able to empathize with my humanity. Thank You that You did this in order to fulfill the promises You made at the foundation of the world.
I realize that I am a sinner and do things that hurt myself and keep myself away from you. Thank You that You died for my sins so that You could defeat death and bring me into Your life. Please forgive me.
I ask You to be Lord of my life. I ask you to heal my hurts and show me what my new life, empowered by You looks like. Thank You for Your mercy.
The Lord is with you always.